#1000 Words Tales
Weave a story in 1000words in a situational prompt given by sharing stories.
August 2020 Prompt.
Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert
A writer writes a story with all his emotions, delivered in words to evoke the readers emotions. This time #1000wordstales contest intends to let you experiment with human emotions.
Write a story where the chief protagonist undergoes a crucial event/happening in his/her life. The character is tackling or trying to overcome one of the major human emotions. It can be love, hate, anger, solitude, lust, envy…any ONE emotion.
Let you pen bleed through the words and touch the chords of reader’s heart and shake them to the core!!
PS: The story can be written in first person POV too.
- Only one entry per person.
- Previously published work is not eligible for the contest
- Last date of submission –20th August 2020
- Word limit– Minimum- 850 words and Maximum- 1000 words
- Send your entry to (email@example.com) in a word document, along with your name, mobile number, a picture of you and a bio (3-4 lines) in third person.
- Prize will be only delivered within India. Though Winning entries outside India will be featured.
- Share the link of this page on your Social Media and tag #Sharingstorieslive and #sharingstorieswritingcontest
Cash Prize of Rs.500.
A gift Hamper from KraftBugs Stationary & Handicrafts worth ~300Rs.
Book Giveaway – Pandemic 2020 by Yash Tiwari & The Petty Gangster by Debaprasad Mukherjee (Amazon Gift Coupon / Physical Copy)
Winning Article will be featured in August Edition of Sharing Stories Magazine
Select Entries will be featured on our website.
A certificate of appreciation by Sharing Stories
- Sharing Stories does not hold any responsibility of the copyrights of the contents submitted by writers. The entire copyrights and associated legalities will be held by the writer. Sharing stories only provides a platform for showcasing the content written by the writer and does not claim any sort of authority over the content. Any legal consequences arising will be faced by the writer and sharing stories will not be held responsible for any such issues arising due to copyrights infringements.