HARMONY THROUGH WRITING | Sharing Stories
Sharing Stories aims at featuring aspiring Authors from across the world to bring World Harmony through Writing. Under this campaign we aim to get into the minds of these talented writers and inspire the world to start spending 15 minutes every day on writing, de-cluttering their thoughts and thereby bringing clarity in their life.
"The Author interviews are responses shared by the Authors directly and Sharing Stories do not edit or intervene on any of the content in the interview"
This edition, we are getting into the mind of Joyita Basak. She is a published Author with the title "."
Sharing Stories in Conversation with Author Joyita Basak
1. “Sometimes, we do not get a chance to thank each one who has helped us in our Journey.” Let the readers get a chance to know about all the important people who have played a part in this Author Journey of Yours.
Firstly, my family has played significant role in my author’s journey. My parents, specially my mother who has influenced me through my life and my elder brother who has been a constant support to my journey.
2. Can you share a few lines from your book and maybe give a bit of background?
The book ‘I Still Love You’ is a combination of love, sarcasm and a decent message for the readers. Some people are very good at making new decisions, Armaan is one of them. Being a son of a celebrity industrialist, everything was at his doorstep. Still he wants to pursue his dreams for satisfaction and success. Indu, a common girl from Charanpur village is struggling to create her own existence as a doctor in spite of her messed up life. Difficulties have engulfed her situation and being a girl from an under-privileged family, she herself needs to modify her decisions to be the one
outstanding. The story starts when they meet, when their world comes closer. What will happen? That’s what ‘I Still Love You’ will portray.
3. Can you talk about any interesting character from your book?
According to me, Indu Rai is one of the most interesting characters from my book. Born and brought up in an under-privileged family she has struggled a lot but still she didn’t stop dreaming to become a doctor. She is ambitious through out her life and fulfils her dream one day.
4. Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?
I am currently working on a story of Kolkata, something relatable to nostalgia. It was my dream to write about my city of joy. My next work will be a collection of short stories which will resemble the feel of my beautiful city.
5. According to you which are the 5 books everyone should read and also Who are your top 3 Authors?
According to me these are the five books everyone should read once in their lifetime to feel the actual value of themselves.
A message in a bottle by Nicholas Sparks
Wings of Fire by APJ. Abdul Kalam
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The diary of a young girl by Jane Austen
The necklace by Guy de Maupassant
And my top 3 authors are Paulo Coelho for his positivity throughout his books and Agatha Christie for her thrilling sensation and Nicholas Sparks for his creative romanticism.
Tell us a bit about your family, likes and dislikes as a person.
My parents and elder brother are my constant support system throughout my journey. Whatever I’m today its because of them.
I like positivity around me so that I get motivated from everything and keep going with the flow of life.
Could you share few tips for Young Authors?
Pen down whatever you think, red a lot, get inspiration from everywhere and live your life!!
Rapid Fire Round
1. Favorite Place-Kashmir, because it is truly a paradise.
Favorite Food-Bengali Cuisine
Favorite beverage-Coffee because it helps me to write.
2. Your other Talents- I like to paint in my leisure.
3. Your First Love-A person whom I liked most from my school days.
4. Favorite Quote-
We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.-APJ Abdul Kalam
5. Favorite Character from a book- Diksha from The Secret wishlist by Preeti Shenoy. Leading a normal daily life of a good housewife, taking care of her family everyday was suffocating for her. She also had few dreams to fulfill and and few wishlists to make count. So she started writing and penning down her secret wishlist and prepared for going for it, leading her life with own terms she found herself. I can relate to the character because I do have a perception like her.
What if Round
1. What if you had to live with only three things all your life, what would the three things be?
The only three things I like to have in my life would be a pen, a diary and a canvas. As I like to write always I would really have a pen and diary to pen down my thoughts in every moments of my life and the canvas to draw something whenever whatever comes to my mind.
2. What if you were given the power to change one thing from this world, what would you change?
I would like to request people to have patience when they meet new people.
3. What if you had all the money in this world, what would you do first?
As a space lover, I would really like to visit NASA, I would like to explore stars from the most interesting part of our universe.
"I am only pretending to be me."..... Joyita
Author's Social Media Platforms
Book Buy Link
Books by Other Authors