#1000 Words Tales
Weave a story in 1000words in a situational prompt given by sharing stories.
July 2020 Prompt.
Black Lives Matter’…Or should we say ‘All Lives matter’?
The mayhem we saw in the past few weeks over a particular skin color and the discrimination makes us wonder how mere white, black, brown, yellow colors can classify humanity?
Third Saturday of July is celebrated as ‘Nelson Mandela International Day’. His fight against ‘apartheid’ needs no introduction. Even after these many years, we are still fighting the same demons.
Weave a story in 1000 words wherein Color of the Skin of your protagonist puts him under unusual circumstances and how he/she overcomes or combats the situation.
- Only one entry per person.
- Previously published work is not eligible for the contest
- Last date of submission –20th July 2020
- Word limit– Minimum- 850 words and Maximum- 1000 words
- Send your entry to (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a word document, along with your name, mobile number, a picture of you and a bio (3-4 lines) in third person.
- Prize will be only delivered within India. Though Winning entries outside India will be featured.
- Share the link of this page on your Social Media and tag #Sharingstorieslive and #sharingstorieswritingcontest
Cash Prize of Rs.1000.
A gift Hamper from KraftBugs Stationary & Handicrafts worth ~500Rs.
Book Giveaway – Adventures of an Indian Techie by Nipun Varma.
Winning Article will be featured in August Edition of Sharing Stories Magazine
Select Entries will be featured on our website.
A certificate of appreciation by Sharing Stories
- Sharing Stories does not hold any responsibility of the copyrights of the contents submitted by writers. The entire copyrights and associated legalities will be held by the writer. Sharing stories only provides a platform for showcasing the content written by the writer and does not claim any sort of authority over the content. Any legal consequences arising will be faced by the writer and sharing stories will not be held responsible for any such issues arising due to copyrights infringements.